If you are Getting Married in Manitoba you will need to Purchase a Marriage License.
Turning Points is a Registered Issuer of Marriage Licenses and is pleased to offer this service. The current fee for a Marriage License is $100. This fee is set by the Province of Manitoba.
We'll come to you. A delivery service is available upon request.
Important things to know:
- You must purchase a Marriage License at least 24 hours before the marriage is to take place.
- Once purchased it is valid for three months.
- Both parties must be present at the time of purchase.
- Provide identification for proof of age (18 years or older).
Acceptable documents for identification can include:
- Birth Certificate
- Passport or US Passport Card
- Citizenship Certificate (Canadian or United States)
- Canada Immigration documents
- Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card
- Government of Canada Indian Status Card
- Driver's Licence (photo ID) with one of the following:
- Manitoba Health Card
- Senior Citizen Card/Old Age Security Card
- Change of Name Certificate
- Social Insurance Card
Divorced persons are required to show one of:
- Divorce Certificate
- Decree Absolute
Widowed - persons whose spouse is deceased must show one of:
- Death Certificate
- Funeral Home Statement of Death or
- Obituary clipping from the newspaper
A Marriage Licence/Registration of Marriage is a permanent legal document.
Very Important : When you buy your Marriage Licence/Registration of Marriage, before signing the oath, please read through the entire form to make certain that all fields completed by the issuer are clearly legible, accurate, and fully completed. If there are any omissions or errors on the Marriage Licence/Registration of Marriage, Manitoba law determines how, or even if, changes can be made to a permanent legal record and requires payment of fees to do so.
For more information visit Vital Sats Manitoba.